Job available! HSE Advisor Job Ref: 06101702 – Casual Position!October 6, 2017
News from our Recruitment Team!!!
Our client is currently seeking a highly motivated, well-presented and highly driven HSE Advisor to form part of our Maintenance Crew team based in Cape Preston. The position reports to the HR Manager.
The Health, Safety and Environment Advisor will provide support and expertise to the HR team to protect the health and safety of our crew members and ensure compliance to regulatory and company safety requirements and systems.
Your main duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Investigate workplace incidents and implement corrective action
- You will provide specialist advice, assistance and coaching to the staff to allow them to achieve their safety responsibilities
- Continuous improvement of systems
- Ensuring business objectives are delivered efficiently and safely
- Maintenance of HSE records
- Ensure costs are in line with the HSE Budget
- Monitor environmental aspects including energy consumption
- Continuously monitors the work environment, especially for work performed under specific Permit to Work requirements.
- Communicates appropriate HS&E related information on an accurate and timely basis to our client work force.
- Support or leads hazard identification exercises.
- Participates in regular HS&E meetings with crew team, contractors and other related parties with the view to discussing HS&E concerns and actions common to all.
- Assist supervision and management in conducting incident investigations.
- Incumbent will be a key member of any major incident investigation team.
- Encourage overall hazard identification and reporting as well as immediate reporting of all incidents and Near Miss incidents by all site personnel.
- Ensure crew teams and contractors coordinate appropriate orientation or other training for personnel commencing employment in compliance with specific HS&E project Execution.
- Organizes and issues daily/monthly HS&E reports as required.
- Maintain positive, consultative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure expectations are met in the areas of loss control, environmental performance and quality.
Essential Criteria: (Required skills, knowledge and attributes)
- Tertiary Qualifications in OHS or a related field
- Must have 4 – 6 years’ experience in environment, health and safety coupled with strong system management knowledge
- Should have mining and resources experience or conveyor systems maintenance, shutdowns or major construction experience
- Strong experience with managing the return to work process
- Safety Training experience
- Must be willing and able to work in a team environment
- Must be flexible and willing to work alternative work hours
- Strong organization planning and new infrastructure development skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Supervisory experience desirable
- Basic emergency response training would be considered a strong asset
Due to the nature of our business and the need of our client, work is 12 hr shifts on a two week on and one week off (2 in 1) rostering arrangement.
Interested parties please send your current CV to email@example.com