Important Information to Child Care Centre Managers from the Trades Recognition AustraliaMay 11, 2015
Important information for Child Care Centre Managers applying for Step 2 of the Job Ready Program
The purpose of the Job Ready Employment step is to enable you to gain experience in an Australian workplace to further develop skills relevant to your nominated occupation.
It is your responsibility to find your own employment.
Child Care Centre Managers are responsible for:
- directing and supervising child care workers,
- developing and implementing programs to enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of young children,
- providing care for children in before-school, after-school, day and vacation care centres,
- managing physical childcare facilities and ensuring all buildings and equipment are maintained,
- maintaining records and accounts for the child care centre, and
- complying with government child care requirements and standards.
For your employment to be appropriate for Step 2 of the Job Ready Program, you must be employed full time for 12 months as the manager of a childcare centre licensed by a regulatory authority with a minimum of 20 children in the 0-5 age group and you must be performing the above duties and tasks.
Your employer must formally confirm in writing that the duties you perform in your role are those of a Child Care Centre Manager.